- Magnificent, one of a kind Country Estate perfectly situated in a setting on 250 acres of rolling hills and endless, unspoiled views yet only minutes from world-renowned Duke University and Medical Centers, Downtown Durham and the Research Triangle Park (RTP).
- Drive up through multiple hand-forged wrought iron gates where you will be awestruck by the stature and quality of this home reminiscent of grand European estates built to last hundreds of years.
- From the exceptional main entry Quatre Feuille-shaped fountain, the six-inch Pennsylvania stone used to build the entire home, heavy slate roof to the lead-coated copper trim and gutters, you will realize every aspect of this home was carefully thought out and built for generations to come.
- The home can almost be upstaged by the setting of the surrounding property and meticulously landscaped gardens. Stone and wrought iron fencing surrounds the main 3-acre compound with unobstructed views from every window, pool and terrace.
- Undoubtedly, the owners have truly appreciated the heated saltwater pool with tasteful fountain effects, lap size length and large terraces for entertaining and family gatherings.
- With an adjoining Pool House and Gazebo areas, this further expands the full experience with expansive views of the surrounding countryside.
- The superior quality finishes and design in the interior of this exceptional home are best seen in person to fully appreciate the attention to detail in the careful selections made in each room.
- Key features include high polish Venetian plaster wall finishes, rough-hewn castle-scale travertine stone floors, hand wrought iron balustrades and light fixtures, rare Sapele wood floor and trim work, down to the custom closets, each and every aspect has been carefully chosen to be timeless yet distinctive.
- In the kitchens, you will of course find high end cabinetry, fixtures and appliances which includes a one of a kind Sapele wood cabinet Sub-Zero refrigerator, Meile, Wolf and Scotsman appliances.
- Equally, all 11 baths are high quality with regard to atypical marble counters, cabinets, fixtures and floors yet flow in style with the other rooms in the home; each one is distinctively cohesive with the others featuring oversized showers and bath tubs, plenty of storage and even a steam room in the Master Suite bath.
- The Master Suite provides a large private oasis starting with a local artist painted Foyer entry plus all the conveniences of two separate dressing rooms, laundry room, sitting room and access to exterior terraces and pool.
Schedule your private viewing today. Please note: a 48-hour notice and pre-qualification is required for all buyers prior to the appointment.